Lemon Chicken adds such great flavors to your chicken dish without so much work. Lemon chicken is coated in parmesan and pan fried with a crispy crust. we make a lemon and butter sauce that gives the dish those amazing flavors! This takes about 30 minutes.
Making our Lemon Chicken
- Cut the chicken breast in half length wise so it is not to thick. You can then use a meat mallet to even out the thickness but is not always necessary.
- Egg Mixture – whisk together the eggs, diced garlic, salt, pepper, & chopped parsley
- Parmesan Mixture – mix together parmesan cheese and flour in a separate bowl
- Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat generously in the parmesan mix on both sides and shake off the excess,
- Add oil to a hot skillet and then add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and when cooked through. Set chicken aside in a dish with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Now lets make the Lemon Butter Sauce
This is an easy sauce to prepare and can be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to use. The same sauce can be used with shrimp and it adds such wonderful flavors!
- Saute garlic in a pan and then add some white wine. I like to use either a Crisp White Wine (Such as Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc & Unoaked Chardonnay)
- When you add the wine let it reduce by keeping it at a simmer.
- Whisk in lemon juice, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and more parmesan cheese.
- Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes and if you want it to be a little thicker you can add in a little cold water and cornstarch mixture but do not add in to much because it will over thicken.
- Once the sauce is finished I like to add the chicken right in the pan and let it simmer until the chicken is hot throughout.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and fresh parsley.
What goes good as a side dish?
Sautéed vegetables go great with the lemon chicken. I love asparagus, zucchini, or spinach because there flavors combine really well with the flavors of the lemon and garlic. You can sautee them in the same pan to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
- Chicken breast
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- chicken broth
About 560 calories in this dish